ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 2011+ New ThunderCats > 2011 ThunderCats Statues & Collectables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2011 ThunderCats Statues & Collectables Discussion on the 2011 and beyond statues, collectables and merchandise

Old 08-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
Copperkid
Vortex Explorer

Default Thundercats statue on preorder

it's all at hard hero for preorder ya'll. but could someone please tell me what the artist proof means? there's the lion statue with TBA limited edition. and the signed proof which i understand it's more b/c it's autographed. but what's the limited to 100 artists proof mean? does that mean u'll get a certificate of authenicity or something? and u wont with the "normal" one? http://www.hardhero.com/thundercats.html
Copperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Lord LionO
Rampager

It just means that the statues were "looked" over for any flaws during distribution. How true is that is anyones guess. The only difference I can tell is that 100 will be signed by the sculptor and the next 100 won't. All in all there will only be 200 of these produced? I guess that explains the hefty price tag. Hope I helped
Old 08-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
Vivek
Barbarian

Send a message via Skype™ to Vivek

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist%27s_proof

With 100 for artist's proof and another 100 for signed artist's proof, I wonder what will be the final edition number.

Good to see the lowered price of $199
Vivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #4
Copperkid
Vortex Explorer

F*ck it. i just preordered mine. i cant believe I hesitated even for 1 more hour on this after all of my hoping and wanting for new Thundercats stuff. I'm not sure when this is coming out exactly though, month-wise but i cant wait. There's a spot to put in what other figures you'd like to see made in while ordering. I put in Jaga and Grune. i think that'd be a cool action display. and they'd probably make a ghost of jaga and maybe grune too variant. did anyone else preorder? what did you want to see made?
Copperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #5
Manny
Thunderian Legend

Send a message via AIM to Manny

Thanks! This is front page worthy!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #6
MannysCollectibles
Forum Admin

Send a message via AIM to MannysCollectibles Send a message via Yahoo to MannysCollectibles Send a message via Skype™ to MannysCollectibles

This is my take on how many will be available. That there will be an availability of the "regular issues" of no more than 500 perhaps no more than 1,000 since those seem to be numbers that closely match previous statues. In addition you will have the signed proofs and unsigned proofs. All together you can probably expect less than 1,000 to be made

If you look at their Conan statues the regular issues have 500 made and 100 signed proofs, 100 unsigned for a total of 700

Click the image to open in full size.

MannysCollectibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #7
mesepher
Moleman

Send a message via AIM to mesepher

This is also up for pre-order at AFX (http://www.shopafx.com/thlist.html). Price tag is $159.99 which is about what I expected the e-tailers to be selling this for. I doubt this is an "Artist Proof" however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperkid View Post
I'm not sure when this is coming out exactly though, month-wise but i cant wait.
Quarter 1 of 2010 according to AFX.

Last edited by mesepher; 08-07-2009 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
mesepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #8
Vivek
Barbarian

Send a message via Skype™ to Vivek

With http://www.shopafx.com offering this at $159, we can expect similar deals from other sites. Of course these will likely be the regular non artist's proof versions.

Last edited by Vivek; 08-08-2009 at 04:52 PM..
Vivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:28 AM   #9
Mark / Grizzlor
Site Director

Send a message via Skype™ to Mark / Grizzlor

Hard Hero has clarified the number of Artist Proofs. There are only 100 Artist Proofs total. When you order you can choose to have it signed or leave it unsigned by selecting the option on the bottom left of the screen (signed) or bottom right of the screen (unsigned). But there are only 100 Artist proofs available. This corrects the info we posted initially on the front page.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #10
Manny
Thunderian Legend

Send a message via AIM to Manny

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlor View Post
Hard Hero has clarified the number of Artist Proofs. There are only 100 Artist Proofs total. When you order you can choose to have it signed or leave it unsigned by selecting the option on the bottom left of the screen (signed) or bottom right of the screen (unsigned). But there are only 100 Artist proofs available. This corrects the info we posted initially on the front page.
Actually, I posted that there would only be 100 AP statues. What we needed clarification on is the total number of statues being made. Are there only 200 statues being produced total, or is 200 the number being available on their site, and more being sold on others?

I thought it was clear that there was only 100 AP statues.