ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 1980s Vintage ThunderCats > 1980s ThunderCats Cartoon
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1980s ThunderCats Cartoon Discussions related to the classic animated series!

Old 05-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
ThundercatsArt
TCL New Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ThundercatsArt
Default Steve Perry Missing

Read more about it on CBR: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...sly-discovery/

This does not look good for Mr. Perry.

Comics creative SR (Steve) Bissette talks more about the situation currently going on and Steve Perry credits in various creative fields. Bissette is seeking assistance in gaining more information on Steve's credits to honor Steve. "I would welcome a complete listing of Steve’s writing credits for the two series; please note that the imdb listing for ‘Steve Perry’ is incorrect, conflating his TV writing credits with another animation writer named Steve Perry (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0675310/), who is possibly the science-fiction novelist Steve Perry. My friend Steve Perry only scripted for story editor Peter Lawrence on the two Rankin/Bass series noted here."

http://srbissette.com/?p=9077

Last edited by ThundercatsArt; 05-22-2010 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: additional info and call for writing credit info
ThundercatsArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
Manny
Thunderian Legend

Send a message via AIM to Manny

I hope he is okay I wonder where his son is?
Old 05-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
ThundercatsArt
TCL New Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ThundercatsArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
I hope he is okay I wonder where his son is?
I was wondering the same thing, thankfully a recent update (at the bottom of the CBR article) reports Leo is with his mother.
ThundercatsArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
nickmills
Multimedia Guru

Send a message via MSN to nickmills Send a message via Skype™ to nickmills

I'm very concerned about this news and really hope for the best - my experiences with Steve were very good and I've got nothing but respect for him..
nickmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:09 AM   #5
Vivek
Barbarian

Send a message via Skype™ to Vivek

That is horrible.. still hoping this news will turn around.
Vivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:19 AM   #6
Bernie'sPiano
Berbill

This truly is terrible news. I've been in touch regularly with Steve for several months and he has written thousands of words for my book about his career and time on Thundercats.

A very nice and talented man - we can only hope this doesn't turn out to be true. What possible motive could anyone have for this?

Dave
Bernie'sPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
Manny
Thunderian Legend

Send a message via AIM to Manny

Updated Article:

Zephyrhills case now a possible homicide
Old 05-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
Vivek
Barbarian

Send a message via Skype™ to Vivek

He had so many problems in his life during the last few years and just when things were finally starting to get better for him, all this happened .

I hope those scumbags responsible for this are brought to justice.
Vivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
Shredder
TCL Junior Member

I have to agree with some of the comments in the article...something doesn't add up here...

So, he was looking for money and took on renters. Did he know about this couple's criminal history before he took them in? Did he just not care? Or was he out of it for one reason or another in what could have been his last few months, and had himself convinced that these crooks where 'his friends?'

Just a weird, sad story..
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #10
catspat
also known as...Leppardra

Unhappy

Oh, my god, this is so unfair! Here he was trying to get his life together and now this happens. And Leo now knows his father is in Heaven? Steve Perry didn't deserve this kind of fate.

If the police found a body part near Mr. Perry's van, then the Davises stole that van and the body part more than likely belonged to Mr. Perry. Which means if the cops grill this couple long enough, they'll probably find the rest of the body (if it's intact).

Why would these two people kill Mr. Perry? Since the house was ranshacked, it was obviously a robbery and the Davises were looking for whatever valuables they could steal to either sell or pawn for money.

It's tragic that Mr. Perry didn't, couldn't, or wouldn't have a background check done on this man and woman before allowing them into his home. Maybe Bonnie and Clyde here were able to charm their way into his life because his pain had affected his judgment and they decided to take advantage of it, maybe he was too desperate for cash to take the time to have them investigated before they moved in (remember, he was post-surgery at this time and couldn't pay for his follow-up treatment), or maybe he just didn't care who or what they were in view of his problems. We'll just have to wait and see what the homicide detectives turn up in their investigation, it's all we can do right now.

Please keep us apprised. I want to know what the detectives turn up.

Last edited by catspat; 05-27-2010 at 04:04 PM..
catspat is offline   Reply With Quote