ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 2011+ New ThunderCats > 2011 ThunderCats Cartoon & Movie
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2011 ThunderCats Cartoon & Movie Discussion on the 2011 animated series and the cancelled movie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #231
Ruu-Ben-Gaaru
Glass Walker
 
Ruu-Ben-Gaaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
iTrader: / %
Send a message via Yahoo to Ruu-Ben-Gaaru Send a message via Skype™ to Ruu-Ben-Gaaru
Default

I'm with Pum-Ra in this as well. That trope was used once in the series already. I seriously doubt they'll repeat themselves when Pumyra is introduced. I do like that there are some romantic elements in the series because it makes it more plausible.

On that note, going back through my catalogue of episodes, I am glad that Cheetara chose Tygra and even more now with Tygra's tragic backstory. It's more plausible because both Cheetara and Tygra's hardships were quite similar, giving them a better understanding of each other.
__________________
"Enthusiasm Mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
Ruu-Ben-Gaaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #232
Lordore
Moderator
 
Lordore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Greece,Athens
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRamage View Post
Do we know for sure that Pumrya is going to become a regular on the show? I hope she is... I'd like to see the Thundercat group grow.
This is very true, and we shouldn't run ahead! but the enthusiasm is reasonable. We should keep in mind that in the OS, at t he second season where the New Thundercast were introduced. They weren't present at all the episodes and except Lynx-O, Bengali and especially Pumyra had very limited screen time an at some episodes Pumyra had just a short cameo.
__________________
"Sword of Omens give me Sight beyond Sight"
Lordore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #233
RedRamage
Berbill
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordore View Post
This is very true, and we shouldn't run ahead! but the enthusiasm is reasonable. We should keep in mind that in the OS, at t he second season where the New Thundercast were introduced.
Can't figure out if that's a typo or intentional.

For what it's worth, I read in the episode thread that ***** MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD ***** Pumrya seems to stay at least for next weeks adventure. ***** END SPOILERS ******
RedRamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #234
MouseCat
Glass Walker
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth
iTrader: / %
Default

If this was a series for adults on weekday nights..Cheetara may "change" her mind...but this is a kids show..so I can almost 100 percent guarantee that this isn't going to happen.

Also It wouldn't go with Cheetara's character to change her mind. She is as i have mentioned before a very centered personality. Dependable, loyal and confident..She knows what she wants and has the confidence to go and get it. She got her man Tygra..and she is clearly very content with that choice. To change her mind will create a lot of conflict for her character and could be viewed negatively by fans. It would harm her character more than help it. Plus I think the Love Triangle has been played out and worn out..and we need to move forward with her character aside from just being in the middle of this rivalry with brothers...and the reality is if you looked at this in her perspective..THERE WAS NO LOVE TRIANGLE TO BEGIN WITH...She never had any interest in Lion O romantically..and his sudden maturity won't change that. Cheetara is more of a sister/motherly figure to Lion O than a lover. He needed her nurturing support in order to overcome some of his insecurities ...especially since his brother wasn't being very helpful. Cheetara gave Lion O confidence..but unfortunately, Lion O misinterpreted that as her being romantically interested in him...he's a teenage guy after all...It's only natural he would feel this way.

I also think the idea that having the two female characters hating each other over a man..feeds a stereotype. And i would find it insulting if that is the case. What most likely will happen is "if" Pumyra is interested in Lion O..she might feel a bit insecure about Lion O's relationship with Cheetara...especially after the love triangle thing. So there maybe tension there..but more directed towards Lion O than Cheetara... Probably because LionO may not be up front with his feelings.

The difference between Pumyra and Cheetara is that Pumyra is much younger than Cheetara, so there is still a maturity factor for her character to go through. Like any teenage girl there is always issue with self esteem and building confidence in who she is. I'm sure her biggest vice will be dealing with issues of Trust and bringing down some of the walls she's built up for herself to keep from getting hurt. Pumyra will have to let people into her life..as supposed to keeping them out.

Cheetara is the complete opposite of Pumyra..she is a mature woman. Who is confident in who she is..and doesn't feel threatened by anything or anyone. It is clear that she is extremely loyal and trusting of those around her. There is a free spirit factor about her character...and it seems when someone tells her she "can't" she enjoys proving them wrong. A determined go getter..she wanted to be a cleric at a very young age and succeeded. She wanted Tygra and damn!! She got him...although it's clear they had each other long before that kiss.

Last edited by MouseCat; 04-27-2012 at 02:29 PM..
MouseCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #235
Lordore
Moderator
 
Lordore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Greece,Athens
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRamage View Post
Can't figure out if that's a typo or intentional.

For what it's worth, I read in the episode thread that ***** MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD ***** Pumrya seems to stay at least for next weeks adventure. ***** END SPOILERS ******
That is Thundercats
__________________
"Sword of Omens give me Sight beyond Sight"
Lordore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #236
Tygrafan
TCL Junior Member
 
Tygrafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseCat View Post
If this was a series for adults on weekday nights..Cheetara may "change" her mind...but this is a kids show..so I can almost 100 percent guarantee that this isn't going to happen.

Also It wouldn't go with Cheetara's character to change her mind. She is as i have mentioned before a very centered personality. Dependable, loyal and confident..She knows what she wants and has the confidence to go and get it. She got her man Tygra..and she is clearly very content with that choice. To change her mind will create a lot of conflict for her character and could be viewed negatively by fans. It would harm her character more than help it. Plus I think the Love Triangle has been played out and worn out..and we need to move forward with her character aside from just being in the middle of this rivalry with brothers...and the reality is if you looked at this in her perspective..THERE WAS NO LOVE TRIANGLE TO BEGIN WITH...She never had any interest in Lion O romantically..and his sudden maturity won't change that. Cheetara is more of a sister/motherly figure to Lion O than a lover. He needed her nurturing support in order to overcome some of his insecurities ...especially since his brother wasn't being very helpful. Cheetara gave Lion O confidence..but unfortunately, Lion O misinterpreted that as her being romantically interested in him...he's a teenage guy after all...It's only natural he would feel this way.

I also think the idea that having the two female characters hating each other over a man..feeds a stereotype. And i would find it insulting if that is the case. What most likely will happen is "if" Pumyra is interested in Lion O..she might feel a bit insecure about Lion O's relationship with Cheetara...especially after the love triangle thing. So there maybe tension there..but more directed towards Lion O than Cheetara... Probably because LionO may not be up front with his feelings.

The difference between Pumyra and Cheetara is that Pumyra is much younger than Cheetara, so there is still a maturity factor for her character to go through. Like any teenage girl there is always issue with self esteem and building confidence in who she is. I'm sure her biggest vice will be dealing with issues of Trust and bring down some of the walls she's built up for herself to keep from getting hurt. Pumyra will have to let people into her life..as supposed to keeping them out.

Cheetara is completely different..she is a mature woman. Who is confident in who she is..and doesn't feel threatened by anything or anyone. It is clear that she is extremely loyal and trusting of those around her. There is a free spirit factor about her character...and it seems when someone tells her she "can't" she enjoys proving them wrong. A determined go getter..she wanted to be a cleric at a very young age and succeeded. She wanted Tygra and damn!! She got him...although it's clear they had each other long before that kiss.
good post, agree very much with you
Tygrafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #237
hammy0924
Ultimate No-Life
 
hammy0924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indiana
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygrafan View Post
good post, agree very much with you
Yes, it's pretty much what I'm thinking exactly.
__________________
hammy0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #238
WilyKatfan
Thunderian Legend
 
WilyKatfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Where ever god takes us
iTrader: / %
Default

Wow you can write a lot.
__________________

Vultureman: break him in half !
WilyKatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #239
MouseCat
Glass Walker
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth
iTrader: / %
Default

You could too WilyKatFan if it was your day off !! LOL

Thank you...I'd like to also add that I'm not suggesting that our Cheetara is perfect. Cause if thats the case..her character is going to end up being a tad boring...Her character needs some kind of conflict, and I think with her it's related to her past..before she joined the clerics. I really think there is more to her story.. something she is hiding from the group...and her beloved Tygra...hopefully we will figure out what that is this season.
MouseCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #240
hammy0924
Ultimate No-Life
 
hammy0924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indiana
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseCat View Post
You could too WilyKatFan if it was your day off !! LOL

Thank you...I'd like to also add that I'm not suggesting that our Cheetara is perfect. Cause if thats the case..her character is going to end up being a tad boring...Her character needs some kind of conflict, and I think with her it's related to her past..before she joined the clerics. I really think there is more to her story.. something she is hiding from the group...and her beloved Tygra...hopefully we will figure out what that is this season.
I do too. I can see her hiding stuff from Tygra, too. Hopefully nothing too embarrassing.
__________________
hammy0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ThunderCats Lair 2005-2014